IPhone 8 Plus explodes while charging
A Taiwanese user claimed that her iPhone 8 Plus split open while it was charging. She had purchased the smartphone five days ago.
The next web reported last friday,iPhone 8 Plus uses the same battery manufacturer, Amperex Technology Limited (ATL), as the Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
The screen of the device bulged out five days after the user purchased it.
The woman had purchased a 64GB `Rose Gold' iPhone 8 Plus and she put it on charge, using the supplied cable and adaptor.
woman said, After about three minutes, she reported seeing the front panel bulge, and eventually lift completely from the device.
The Cupertino-headquartered giant is currently investigating reports of iPhone 8 Plus splitting open and the reason remains unclear as of now.
Similar reports have emerged from Japan where one owner claimed his phone arrived in a state with the screen visibly detached from the body.
However, there have been no reports of visible evidence of burn marks.
iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus were made available from September 22 in the US, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, the UK and other countries.