Dr. Tanzimul Islam
| প্রকাশিত : ০৩ ডিসেম্বর ২০১৭, ১৮:৪৭
Tooth Sensitivity is one of the most common Complaints among dental Patients and approximately 40 million adults in the United State`s Suffer at some point from sensitive teeth. Moreover, it occurs when inner layer of tooth is exposed. A sharp nature pain is felt on taking hot and cold food or in response to cold air and taking sweet and acidic food.
Cause of teeth sensitivity:
- Hard bristled brush
- Over Brushing.
- Brushing with abrasive toothpaste.
- Grinding of teeth.
- Broken tooth.
- Over use of mouth wash.
- Chipped tooth.
- Tooth decay.
- Gum recession.
If hot, cold, sweet or very acidic foods and drink`s makes your teeth or a tooth sensitive.
- Brushing properly twice daily for 2 minutes with toothpaste that does not have high levels of abrasive.
- Flossing once a day.
- A diet low acidic foods and drinks also help prevent Tooth Sensitivity.
- Treatment option totally depends upon the damage caused to the teeth and it varies for each patient.
- If the damage is less and sensitivity is mild, recommending a desensitizing toothpaste and soft toothbrush is enough.
- But if the damage is extensive then other treatment option are suggested like. Fluoride gel, Filling the exposed tooth part, Laser treatment for sensitivity.
- Brush and floss regularly.
- Use a softer toothbrush.
- Wait for an hour to brush your teeth after taking acid food.
- Taking healthy food
- Fiber rich food
- Anti oxidant
- Don`t brush too hard and too often.
- Avoid intake of acid containing food and drink`s like soda, high sugar carbohydrate food.
- Don`t consume tobacco.
Writer: Dr. Tanzimul Islam, Intern Doctor, Dhaka Dental College and Hospital.
সংবাদটি শেয়ার করুন
English বিভাগের সর্বাধিক পঠিত